- She married Gustav Bergmann, the brother of my great-great grandmother Adalbertha
- She is my third grand-aunt
- In the 1870 Bexar County Census, Gus Bergmann age 31 from Austria is listed in the household of Dietrich, Leo age 64 from France, Minnie Bergmann age 36 from Prussia is keeping house and there are 3 children listed Chs Keller age 14, Rosa age 5, Minnie age 6 months born in November
- In the 1880 Bexar County Census, Gus age 40 from Austria, Mina is 45, Rosa is 14, Minna is 10, Ida is 7. The last name listed for the girls is Bergmann
- Rosa was born 6 July 1865. Her tombstone says she was born in Boerne, Texas and moved to San Antonio at the age of 6; Mina born 31 Dec 1869 death certificate states birthplace is Boerne, Texas;Ida born 4 Dec 1873
- A Gus Bergmann marries a Mina Kellen in Bexar County on 25 August 1874; witnesses are S.M. Morris and A.P. Morris; married by Justice of the Peace H. Klocke
- In Gustav’s will he states: “ I, Will Give and Bequeath of my beloved wife Wilhelmine Bergmann, my only heir, all that I die possessed of, or have a right to, real estate, personal property and claims or rights of any kind whatever, to be used, controlled and enjoyed by my beloved wife, during her natural life.”
- In The St. John’s Lutheran Burial Records Wilhelmine Bergmann born 2 April 1832, died 5 March 1904. She was geb. Knopp and had three daughters and one son.
- So who is Wilhelmine Knopp Keller (Kellen) Bergmann? Who are her parents? Where exactly in Prussia was she born? When did she arrive in Texas? Since Gustav said his only heir is Wilhelmine does that mean the daughters are hers? Were her children really born in Boerne? Who was their father? What happened to him? What is her relationship to Dietrich? What happened to her son Charles? Did he also use the Bergmann name? Is her maiden name really Knopp? Is she related to the Knopp family from Fredericksburg? Why didn’t she leave a few more bread crumbs?
Bexar County Marriage Certificate #4623, 25 August 1874, Bergmann-Kellan, San Antonio.