Conrad and Adalbertha had seven children with six living to adulthood.
- Kathinka born 7 September 1857 married Paul. J. F. Toepperwein
- Therese born 20 August 1859 married Frederick Voges
- Emilie born 27 April 1862 married William Schoenert
- Julius Conrad born 15 March 1864 married Ida Haufler
- Bertha born 8 July 1865 married Hilmar G. Froebel (1) Haby (2)
- Emma born 11 September 1867 married Christian Herms
Amalie born in 1869 lived for 7 days or a few years; the stories vary
I don’t think Amalie had a tombstone but there was a small cemetery within walking distance of the house. When my father was a young boy he was told there was a baby buried in the cemetery. They did not purchase the land until 1874, so I am not sure Amalie is buried there.
Don’t you just love this picture? I wish it was clearer but you can still see Julius next to his sister Kathinka. He doesn’t look too happy. Conrad and Adalbertha are in the middle and Therese is holding Emilie. I am guessing Bertha and Emma were too small and would not hold still for the picture.